Happy Day 19 of Christmas Month!!! How are the Christmas preparations coming along?
I am making some progress in my christmas baking in dodgy hostel kitchens. After failed attempts at a figgy swirl ice cream and between a couple of butchered custards I have far too many egg whites than I know what to do with. Which brings us to these little fluffy meringues. Cloud Fluffers as I used to call them. Sweet meringue cookies stuffed with chocolate and nuts.
CHOCOLATE & ALMOND MERINGUE CLOUDS
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt, heaped
- 250 gram caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 300 g toasted, slivered almonds
- 300 g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Combine the egg whites, vinegar and salt in large bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
2. Add the sugar, gradually, beating continuously until the mixture is a stiff glossy meringue. Gently fold in vanilla, almonds and chocolate.
3. Using a soup spoon, drop mix onto baking tray lined with baking paper. Drop approx 3 cm apart.
4. Bake in a 120 C oven oven for about 45 minutes, rotating trays very 15 minutes to ensure even baking until very lightly coloured and firm.
5. Cool on sheets, then store in an airtight container.