Another peach recipe. I am sorry! But also not sorry. I had planned to post some plum recipes this week but all those photos are on my camera - still have no computer to upload them to (*insert 300 hundred crying emoji here*) so I shall just make do with what I have. I made this up on a whim, trying to find a use for the last stragglers off the peach tree and now I am kicking myself because so far it is my favourite thing I have made this summer. I got two jars out of the recipe below, now I am peachless and will have to wait until next year. I love fruit curds, but peach curd is my new favourite. It is tangy, sweet and tastes almost delicate - much more subtle than lemon curd. It is buttery and then this flavour of peach just hits you. I am planning to use it in a gorgeous layer cake of some kind. Or maybe some hazelnut tartlets. That is if I can stop eating it by the spoonful. Have you experimented with curds before? got any favourite flavours?
I made peach curd how I normally make my lemon curd, just substituting lemon juice for peach puree. I added in the juice of half a lemon so it will keep longer and also because I like curd on the tart side.
Beautiful Peach Curd
- 6 egg yolks (try and remove as much egg white as possible)
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 125g Butter, cut into cubes
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Cup Fresh Peach puree
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a heavy bottomed saucepan until thick. Set on low heat.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Add in the lemon juice and peach puree. Stir until thickened.
- Pour into sterilised jars and seal.